WordPress SEO – How We Envision It
We love SEO. We Love WordPress and social media; and real Human Beings. Our view on what makes great WordPress SEO is completely different than the way other people see it.
For starters, WordPress SEO is a lot more than a one time setup thing. With SEO, you can’t just set it and forget it. Especially if you’re a company who really cares about the customers. Especially if you’re obsessed with catering to the needs of your visitors.
Search engines are hubs where people search for what they need, in the hopes of finding that one piece of content that will offer them the solution they seek, the entertainment they’d die for, the intellectual piece they crave.
These people who reach your WordPress site have all kinds of needs and hidden desires.
That’s why we’ve built the most complex tool of them all, to help YOU as content creator to offer THEM (the people who reach your site) the best possible experience.
Just having a good WordPress SEO site structure for your homepage (eg. your domain name) will not cut it. Nor having great SEO Settings for every page on your site cut it. It’s simply not enough.
You need to understand social media intelligence that you can get through a tool like Squirrly, which will help you better figure out the intent of the user. What do they really want to find? How can you address their problems?
Which problems are large enough? Which deep concerns of theirs can you really address?
Also, WordPress SEO is about stats. Real details about how your own WordPress performs in the online environment. These stats that you need to gather (manually or through a tool like Squirrly) should be fed directly into the pieces where you gather competitive intelligence. Without understanding your WordPress site’s performance, all the SEO you do can end up being in vain.
In order to have better WordPress SEO you need to become a Better Marketer yourself. You need to learn more about the details that form up a good SEO strategy in 2017. It’s not about just some SEO settings and some links anymore. It’s about fresh, valuable content; it’s about social media and social interactions; it’s about calculated web authority and the choices you make to increase that authority.
To sum it up: WordPress SEO = intelligence (about web authority, social media metrics, search intent, search desire, how often the problem occurs and to how many people) + action (make your settings, optimize your content to 100% for Humans and search bots, check your rankings, improve your audit score, gather more intelligence) + Better Marketer (focus more on learning and developing yourself as a marketer to better understand how to serve your audience).
How does Squirrly SEO fit this Vision?
Squirrly SEO offers you intelligence, helps you take action with focus on things that will lead to better SEO for your WordPress and it helps you become a better marketer.
Keep scrolling down the page to learn more about each aspect.
Squirrly SEO: Market Intelligence regarding Keywords.
The first thing you need to do is to stay away from Google Keyword Planner and other tools that have been built for the purpose of helping people serve better ads.
You are here because you want to learn more about WordPress SEO, not about how to promote your WordPress site via ads.
Any WordPress SEO Plugin or software that shows you such information is bad for SEO purposes.
Squirrly offers you the intelligence you need to make proper SEO decisions, whether you want to be found in classic search (Google, Bing, Duckduckgo, etc.) or Social Media search (through the search engines available on Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
Social Media Keyword Information And How to Use It
Almost every WordPress SEO strategy that I’ve seen (except a few which rocked!) completely ignore the people who search on social media platforms.
We want to offer you the best information possible so you can make smart decisions for your business.
In order to start being found when people search for content on Twitter (for example) you need to see how many people talk about your focus keyword (for the content you plan to publish) on Twitter. Why?
The more people discuss it = the more “hot” the topic is, which increases the likelihood of people to search for that keyword within the Twitter platform.
Squirrly SEO informs you if many people discuss it and whether it’s a hot topic. It does this in the Keyword Research feature, when you hover the arrow sign displayed in the keyword results section.
The other kind of intelligence you need to get when planning for social media search is: the semantic of the keyword you’re targeting.
What does the keyword really mean? How do people on Twitter talk about it? Which tweets containing the keyword seem to be the best?
Just by getting the information about how often people discuss the keyword you can’t begin to think: yeah, I know all about it now.
Due to the strange and real-time nature of social media you may find out that at THIS moment in time when someone says “pizza” it might not refer to the food we all like to chunk down every once in a while. The “pizza” that is now a Hot Topic of conversation on Twitter might the pizza that Donald Trump ate last night. Do you really want your content to be associated with that?
Yes? No? -> you decide. The important thing for Squirrly is that you get to know what you’re getting your content into.
For this second type of intelligence that you get from the Squirrly WordPress SEO Plugin, you need to use the Inspiration Box feature (which you find in your Edit Post interface in WordPress).
Search Engine Keyword Information And How to Use It
SEO Related Information that Squirrly Offers You:
1) The TOP of the best keyword combinations you can use to rank your pages and make sure visitors will find them. This TOP will be formed after looking at about 40 different types of longtail keywords that our algorithm takes from your inputs. You inputs can be very different. You can combine “raw vegan” with “fitness recipe” for example, and it will still show you the best combinations for your own particular site, that YOU can use.
2) Personalization of Results: Let’s say you have 5 different sites. When you use the Squirrly Keyword Research tool for WordPress SEO, you will notice that the results it offers is different from site to site. This happens, because our system shows you the chance that each single site has of ranking for the keywords. This is not a generalistic result that you could get from anywhere. No, it’s 100% calculated for your particular site.
3) Web authority intelligence gets fed directly into our Keyword Research tool. Before Squirrly SEO 2017, we used to show competition in the following form: “Little Competition” or “High Competition”. Now, we are showing you “Easy to Rank” or “Impossible to Rank”. We take the SEO stats which Squirrly SEO measures for your site and plot that in with the information we gather about the General Web to see if the authority of your own site on the web can beat the authority of the other websites that are currently ranked for that keyword on the first page of Google.
4) Long Tail Keywords: We’ve upgraded the search system in our Keyword Research tool. We now offer you lots of long tail keywords which you will surely find interesting. We look at how people search on different places of the web for the topic you plan to tackle with your page or blog post. We then try to identify the best keywords from what they search; keywords that show us their intent to take action after they reach your content.. you know: like pay you for a product or service, or subscribe to your newsletter.
5) Recent Discussions: I’ve covered most of this when I showed you how to identify great keywords for social media. Recent discussions gives you an overview of how many people discuss this keyword on Twitter and Forums.
6) Trend: if you’re planning to publish a great piece of content you need to make sure that people will keep searching the web for that keyword for years to come. That’s the right way of creating evergreen content. If you spend one month to create a page (or a resource), you rank it to the first positions in about 2 months, it means you already spend 3 months on it. If the number of people who search for this keyword will decrease down to 10% in the next 6 months after you publish, you’ll want to know that BEFORE you invest the first 3 months. That’s why Squirrly SEO tries to help you identify the keywords which are riding rising trends.
Squirrly SEO: Market Intelligence regarding web authority.
WordPress SEO is more than just what you have right now in your own site. To be successful you need a tool like Squirrly SEO to measure and analyze your authority on the web.
That’s where Squirrly’s Audit Suite comes in. Packed inside of Squirrly SEO, this Audit Suite offers you: Blogging Audit, Traffic Audit (soon to be upgraded), SEO Audit, Social Media Audit, Links Audit, Authority Audit.
The information you get in the Blogging Audit will help you understand the freshness of content on your site. It will help you understand if you’re helping Search Engine Bots and Human Readers figure out what your pages are about. More than that: it helps you understand your WordPress SEO better, by providing details about the Optimization Levels of your pages.
The Traffic Audit currently makes an estimation of the traffic you get to your WordPress site. It provides you with valuable information on how you can grow your website traffic. Soon, it will get more actionable data, because we will have it integrated with your Google Analytics.
The SEO Audit is one of our top features. It shows you an impressive amount of detail (especially if you’re a Squirrly SEO PRO user). It checks all of your site every week to see if it finds SEO problems in your WordPress site. With all the plugins, themes and changes that you make to your site you can really hurt your WordPress SEO. That’s why it’s important to read this report and see if any action is needed on your behalf.
Social Media Audit: understand the popularity of your site on social media. I’ve personally seen WordPress sites (I even show one in a video I made on our Youtube Channel) that have amazing rankings on Google just because they created a good site structure with Squirrly SEO and then they kept growing the number of social media signals to their pages. They had very few links and social media was the deciding factor that made them outrank their competitors. The Social Media Audit that we offer helps you make better decisions regarding your WordPress site and regarding how you promote it to social media audiences.
Links Audit: we integrate with MOZ, Majestic and a few other sources to gather information about your link portfolio and the number of times your WordPress site is mentioned on other people’s websites. We give you explanations and to-dos to help you improve this are of your wp site.
Authority Audit: after factoring in all the data that we gather about your site and the data that we have from our other audit engines, we show you an Authority score that you will need to improve over time, in order to get ahead of your competition.
Latest posts by Florin Muresan (see all)
- Social Media Tools for Digital Marketing by Squirrly Social - January 8, 2021
- Interviews with Florin Muresan – Updated List - September 17, 2020
- 10 New Success Stories Written And Documented for Squirrly SEO 2020, with Focus Pages - September 11, 2020